Abused and broken
Confused and withdrawn
Are all my dreams now gone?
The lives of my babies
Their mamma’s soul now torn
No money, home, or family
Wouldn’t they be better off on their own?
Can’t find hope for a future
Mine or theirs…..all alone
Life insurance and guardianship
Everyone’s better off if I move on.
The pills in my hand…..
Pain relief will come by dawn
Then a small voice pleads Mamma keep on going,
I will help you be strong.
This voice gave me hope
Hope I thought was lost
Took and threw the pills away
Hugged my babies
And made a call.
When you have feelings like all hope is lost, pick up the phone and call 800-273-TALK. There is a voice. There is hope.
- It’s Suicide Prevention Day (scarletscribe.net)
- Suicide…..One in Six (wellcallmecrazy.wordpress.com)
- World Suicide Prevention Day 2012 (prideinmadness.wordpress.com)
- World Suicide Prevention Day 2012 (psychcentral.com)
- We’ve got to live (weegeemcscot.wordpress.com)