A MUST READ POST! I wish that this, along with other self esteem training, was taught in all our schools.
Let’s raise awareness and empower the victims of abuse. Please read and share the following poem, written by the sister of a fellow blogger. A link to his blog follows the poem below. Show some love and support y’all!
Battered Wife Syndrome
Does anyone really begin to know what women go through day after day?
It’s like some women have no say.
Put the men out on the street, so they would know what it feels like to get beat
How many times did I end up on the floor?
Because how many times I couldn’t get out the door
Do this. Do that. Do this. Do that.
The psychiatrist said he would not to live like that.
When you stay in violence this is what goes on
But somehow I think somebody knew
’cause God sees everything you go through.
What I had to go through day after day was not right.
How many times did I shake with fright?
Just to be able to sit outside
I used to take rides on my bike to calm myself down,
so I wouldn’t end up with a nervous breakdown.
Take back the night.
When we talk about respect, respect works both ways.
Again, listen to what I say
From broken glass to a broken door
Boy, was I sore!
No woman likes to be a battered wife.
Yes, there were times I cried.
Yes, there are times I wanted to die
Oh, if you only knew what I was going through!
No woman needs to get beat ’til they’re black and blue
This in turn can happen to you.
How many times did I take a fall?
How many times did I get my head banged against a wall?
Was it the whisky or was it the beer?
Why was I going through this year after year?
Women of the world unite.
Let’s remember take back the night.
Let’s also take to the streets to spread the message that no woman needs to get beat.
Is that any kind of life?
We don’t talk about abuse as much as we should…..Because
- Because nobody else is talking about it and I’ll feel like the only one
- Because I don’t want anyone else to know my dirty secret
- Because I didn’t think about talking about it until now
- Because I am afraid
- Because I don’t want to get low
- Because it’s overwhelming….. there’s too much and if I start talking will I ever stop talking?
- Because I want to still be me and not a victim
- Because I don’t want people feeling sorry for me
- Because I don’t want my batterer or abuser to win by letting it affect my life now
- Because I’ve moved on and don’t want to go back
- Because I don’t want counseling…..only weak people need counseling
- Because I…
View original post 189 more words
Let’s Stop The Excuses and Break The Silence
If we aren’t alone…..if staggering statistics clearly show that abuse is a worldwide problem that does not discriminate……affecting people of all races, gender, financial status, religion, sexual orientation, background, etc……then why don’t we talk about it more. Well…..Because
- Because it’s difficult
- Because of the repercussions
- Because of what other people will think of us
- Because I don’t want to hurt anybody
- Because no-one will believe me
- Because there is nothing they can do about it
- Because I’m an adult now…..so i have moved on
- Because I’m trying to forget it happened
- Because it’s not a big deal…..I got over it
- Because it happened a long time ago
- Because the family would be torn apart
- Because they will think I am crazy
- Because I don’t want to be a burden
- Because I will called a liar and labelled mentally ill
- Because I feel embarrassed
- Because I feel ashamed
- Because it would…
View original post 180 more words